15 steps in the Criminal Justice Process includes the 3 major Institutions- They are Law enforcement, courts and corrections.
15 steps in the criminal justice process
There is no need to worry! We are in this together and we'll be okay!
- The Formal Criminal Justice Process 15 Steps -(SLO Question)
- How cases/offenders flow through the system and where they exit from the system- from law enforcement to courts to corrections. The 3 major institutions in the criminal justice system.
- Report of a crime/ or Initial contact of a suspected offender
- Preliminary hearing/grand jury
- Plea bargaining
- Trial / adjudication
- Appeal/post conviction remedies
- Correctional treatment
- Post release